IT Technical Support / Consultant, West Midlands, £28,000 To £32,000
Our client, a highly regarded and well-established Microsoft centric organisation based in the West Midlands, is growing. They have a requirement for an IT Technical Support / Consultant.
The Technical Consultant role comprises of being responsible for the support, maintenance and guidance for customer’s IT infrastructure and systems; whether that be on premise, from our client’s own cloud services offering, or hosted via a 3d party.
The team is also responsible for supporting internal Application and Development teams in a technical capacity for the many services on offer to customers, along with supporting internal systems and cloud services offerings.
The candidate requires excellent customer relation skills, being able to quickly grasp technical issues and respond to the customer in a clear and calm manner. The role is a good mix of consultancy with customers (onsite or remote) so own car is essential, and also involves a mix of Helpdesk support from offices and travels to customer site.
Initially the role is to provide their technical skills initially on Technical Support desk; taking calls from customers, logging calls and responding inside contracted SLA times and getting to know client’s own process and customers, and how they work.
Thereafter the consultancy role with customers is for scheduled/ad-hoc site visits for Network, PC, Server support & installations, and IT Projects.
The general working hours are our helpdesk opening hours of 8: to 5:15pm Monday to Friday. There is also a rota for both early & late shift for helpdesk cover; Early shift starting at 8am – 4:30pm, Late shift starting at 9:30am till 6pm.
In addition, there is also the requirement to join the 24/7 out-of-hours support team. This is a rota shared between the Technical team for supporting the Cloud platform; covering for a week at a time and rotating every 5 weeks. This is not a 24/7 manned helpdesk but rather on-call if alerted to a platform issue.
- Windows Server: 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016
Experience in the following areas would be ideal:
- Windows Desktop: Win7/Win8/Win10
- Server: MS Exchange versions (not essential), SQL Management (essential), Remote Desktop Services, Citrix (not essential)
- Virtualisation – Hyper-V / VMWare
- Backup Solutions – BackupExec, Veeam
- Microsoft Office 365 – Exchange Online, MS Office, OneDrive, Sharepoint Online
- General Networking
- Router/Firewall troubleshooting & configuration
- VPN Management
- TCP/IP (IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Switches – VLANs, Stacking, Advanced routing
- Patch Management
- Security conscious – Group Policy Management,
- Hardware – Server & Storage
- Understanding of RAID levels
- OS Deployment – Standard Windows Serer technologies & Hyper-V
- Anti-Virus Server / client roll-out, and troubleshooting virus infections
- Fault finding / troubleshooting skills (both remote and customer facing)
Don't miss this opportunity to work for a growing, successful company offering genuine opportunities for skills development, varied and challenging projects, an excellent work environment and a competitive package reflecting your value to the organisation.
Key words: Consultant, Technical Support, Support, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, SQL Management, Visualisation, West Midlands, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Telford, Worcestershire.
T: 0121 687 1234
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07970 494916
Connect with us at LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jaynehannon